IT System Administrator /IT sistēmu administrators
AirBaltic is one of the most desirable employers in Latvia. For several years we have been recognized as the Top Employer in various nationwide surveys. Stable company with more than 20 years of experience on the market and big promises for the future. We are dynamic and multinational – representatives from 30 nationalities are currently working with us. Our employees skills, knowledge, and competencies are the heart of our company’s performance management process.
airBaltic is looking for an IT System Administrator to join the team of experts supporting broad range of IT systems, applications and technologies. The focus of the position will be on Linux based system administration, system configuration management and task automation. The position is part of the Information Systems department, reporting to Head of IT Operations.
- Install, administer and support Linux servers and related infrastructure
- Support multiple generic and aviation specific applications (training will be provided)
- As a member of the system administration team, participate in the definition and evolution of airBaltic IT infrastructure
- Ensure maintenance of an appropriate level of documentation for supervised servers and systems
- Occasionally work outside of regular office hours
- Others, as assigned
- University degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or related field
- 3 or more years of experience in Linux system administration
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- English language skills
Optional Qualifications (any of them regarded as an advantage):
- Experience with any configuration management and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, Gitlab, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with any IT security tools (e.g. SIEM, vulnerability scanners, multifactor authentication, SSO, firewalls, etc.)
- Understanding of different attack types (e.g. DDoS, Social Engineering, SQL Injection, XSS, Phishing) and countermeasures
- Experience with any of the server virtualization technologies
- Experience with server or network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge on any networking technologies
- Experience with middleware and application server administration
- Experience with SAN or NAS storage technologies
- Shell scripting or programming skills in any language or environment
- Basic understanding about core Microsoft technologies
- Database administration skills in any of the popular DBMS
- Knowledge on any aviation related IT technologies
- Understanding about IT Service management and IT governance
- Working in a developing and innovative European company within team of experienced experts
- Social guarantees
- Benefits associated with airline industry
- Monthly remuneration range: 1700 - 2500 EUR gross*. For the final candidate offered remuneration will be evaluated individually based on requirement applicability and experience in given field.
* Remuneration as described above is payable after probation period, for full shift, pro rata monthly depending on actually worked days / hours.
Fill the form to apply
Background check will be conducted on all applicants, as well as restrictions that prohibit the hire in accordance with the law “On Aviation” Article 57.1. paragraph 4 will be evaluated.
AS “Air Baltic Corporation”, Reg # 40003245752